Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Family

Today I am grateful for family.  It was a fun night at my sister's house.  A party that started as a small gathering that ended up expanding to include people we don't usually get together with.  All to celebrate the 95th birthday of our "Grandma Lois."  I put that in quotes because she isn't actually grandmother to most of us anymore.  Her daughter was my father's second wife.  They divorced but remained friends until her unexpected death a few years later.  Grandma Lois just remained a part of the family.   She enjoyed the party tonight in her honor.  There was lots of good food, great conversations, cousin bonding, and catching up. 

I am so lucky that I live in the same town with pretty much all my family.  We see each other often.  My father is involved in his grand children's lives.  I help out my dad when he needs it. My kids are friends with their cousins.  My sister and I make impromptu lunch and shopping dates.  I'm not sure what I would do if I could only see them a couple of times a year.

So, today, I am thankful for family.  The crazy and the great.

No comments:

Post a Comment