Monday, May 5, 2014

Paint!

When I accepted this job, one of the requests I had was to paint the library.  I think what I said was "Can we please, please, please paint the library?"


The dark green and the blue behind my desk just made it feel so dark and seemed to emphasize the smallness.  Thankfully, my principal is awesome and we had some amazing help.  Comcast is a company that encourages its employees to volunteer in their community.  Occasionally Comcast does a big volunteer day and during those days they have flagship locations.  This year, we were chosen as a flagship location on a Comcast Cares day.  Between us and the adjoining school, we had over 200 volunteers!  And painting my library was one of our big projects!

I chose a happy yellow color.  Unfortunately that meant that the dark green and blue needed to be primed first.  On Friday night, a bunch of volunteers showed up to do just that.


It looked so much better even with just the primer on! It was a tinted primer which helped.

And now that it is done?





And the blue behind my desk?  It is gone.
And my reading rug area?  It looks even better!




I am so happy with the paint! It is so much brighter and cheerier!  And it feels much bigger.  And the kids LOVE it.  That is the important part.





1 comment:

  1. It looks great Mrs. Moss. Nice color choice.
    That's amazing that you were able to get that much help.

    ReplyDelete